We Scare Hunger!

Our children are learning that when we help those in need we are showing God's love.🧑
As part of a school-wide initiative we have been collecting non-perishable food items for the disadvantaged members of the Oakville community. Thank you for those who have contributed so far. 
There is still time to donate; this food drive ends on Friday, November 1st.

Image result for halloween pumpkins clipart

A Message from our School Council 

Halloween is on THURSDAY and  EVERY CHILD at St. Andrew School can participate in our Boogie-a-Thon .

EVERY CHILD will have a chance to win a prize - whether they donate or not!  




THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO DONATE:
Option 1. The easiest and most helpful way for you to donate is through our School Cash Online Make a Donation Button.
Then Complete the following steps:
  1. Gift Information – select an amount
  2. Select Destination – Andrew
  3. Tribute Information – “Not a tribute gift”
  4. Message to School Board – student name, specify amount donated per child
  5. Click – “Add to Cart”
Option 2. If you would like to donate via cheque, you can follow the instructions on our pledge form which you can download here: BOO-GIE-A-THON FLYER 2019 . A hard copy will also be coming home with your child.
Option 3. If you are in a hurry, and you would like to donate quickly, you can use our School Cash Online to donate a sum of $40. For any other donation amount, you must use Option 1 or Option 2.

The last day to donate is THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31.

It is our hope to use fundraising dollars to purchase faster and more versatile technology that will allow our students to connect and collaborate with other students and experts as they develop their 21st Century competencies.

Physical activity is important for children’s health, brain development and intellect. Being physically active before, during and after school has been proven to improve academic performance. Physical Education and sports are a huge part of our St. Andrew School community and we are in need of new equipment for our gymnasium. We also are in need of new playground equipment for our children to play with at recess that is safe, durable, and fun.
Two years ago we began changing our Library into a Learning Commons. This transition included the addition of a Makerspace to develop students’ problem solving and creativity through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) activities. Our Makerspace was so successful that we would like to continue to build on what we started so that more children can experience this space.

Funds will also be used to continue providing our students with exciting learning opportunities in the form of subsidies for field trips, guest speakers, and specialty programs brought into the school like AussieX.

Last year, we used funds to make seating more flexible in our classrooms. Some of our classrooms now have wobble stools and standing desks. This type of furniture has become very popular and we would like to make it available to more students in more of our classrooms.

But to make all of these things happen, we need your help! Any financial support you can offer is most welcome and appreciated!

Thank you for helping us to make St. Andrew School the BEST SCHOOL IN THE UNIVERSE!


On Thursday, the Kindergarten children will be dancing in the gym between 9:30 & 10:05 am.
Parents and guardians are welcome to join in the fun!
πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

Each student will be given a special peanut-free cookie treat following their dance session.  No other class treats or candy are permitted in order to protect students who have life threatening allergies. 

Students are encouraged to wear costumes or dress in orange and black. Costumes should follow the school dress code for appropriate attire.  

No masks or weapons (swords, guns, knives etc.) are permitted. 

PAT Time

We are off to a great start! Our little ones are learning not only how to segment words into sounds, but how to present to a large group. Please be assured that if they are nervous or unsure, we always prompt them. We can't wait to see the "Aa" items brought in this week!

Please note that our Letter schedule posted last week contained some errors. Correct dates are listed below.

Given the Halloween excitement this week, PAT Time on Thursday and Friday will be cancelled.  Instead, we will have two PAT Times on Wednesday. Mila, Noah, Rachel, Slava and Vitor will present on WEDNESDAY.

🎜Songs, Poems and Chants🎝

Skateboard Rider

Skateboard, skateboard rider
I'm a skateboard rider I am
do do do, do, do, do!
Skateboard Rider
Skateboard, skateboard rider
I'm a skateboard rider I am.
Well I got my helmet, and I'm looking good,
Yah! Looking Good, like a rider should
When I do my daredevil feats [spin and jump]
At the skateboard, at the skateboard meet.
Skateboard, skateboard rider
I'm a skateboard rider I am
do do do, do, do, do!
Skateboard Rider
Skateboard, skateboard rider
I'm a skateboard rider I am.
Well I got my goggles, and I got my helmet
and I'm looking good,
Yah! Looking Good, like a rider should
When I do my daredevil feats
At the skateboard, at the skateboard meet.
Skateboard, skateboard rider
I'm a skateboard rider I am
Well I got my... elbow pads… knee pads ... skateboard...
Skateboard, skateboard rider
I'm a skateboard rider I am
do do, do, do!

Did You Ever See A Pumpkin?
(Did You Ever See A Lassie)

Did you ever see a pumpkin a pumpkin a pumpkin?
Did you ever see pumpkin with no face at all?
With no eyes, no nose, no mouth, and no teeth?
Did you ever see a pumpkin, with no face at all?
So I made a Jack O-Lantern, Jack O-Lantern, Jack O-Lantern.
So I made a Jack-O-Lantern with a big funny face!
With big eyes, a big nose, a big mouth, and big teeth.
So I made a Jack-O-Lantern with a big funny face.

Important Dates

Week of October 28 - PAT Letter "Aa"
October 29 - Picture Retakes
October 31 - Boogie-A-Thon - 9:30 to 10:05 am
November 1 - Pizza DayπŸ•
November 1 - Last Day of We Scare Hunger!
Week of November 4 - PAT Letter "Tt"
November 5 - Snuggle Up & Read Begins for SKs
November 7 - School Bus Safety Presentation 
Week of November 11 - PAT Letter "Ii"


πŸ“·This Week in PicturesπŸ“·


Sorting by Colour

Identifying and Counting Shapes with Shape Pizza


 We can write our names using Play Doh!




Can you build a haunted house?

Counting Bats Using a Ten Frame




Comments